Step 1: Enable POP in your
Google Apps email account:
1. Log in to your BlackBerry Internet Service account.
2. Click 'Profile' along the top of the 'Home Page.'
3. Click 'other email accounts' in the 'Email Accounts' section of your profile.
4. Click 'Add Account.'
5. Enter the information for your Gmail address.
Email Address: Enter
your email 'email@example.com'.
User Name: Enter
your full email 'firstname.lastname@example.org'.
Password: Enter your email password.
Re-enter password: Re-enter your email password.
6. Click 'Submit.'
If your BlackBerry account
was successfully configured,
you'll see the BlackBerry
'Email Accounts' page.
If you receive the message,
'We were unable to configure
this mailbox. Please specify
how you access this email
account,' verify that you
clicked 'Save Changes' after enabling POP (See
Below/Click here for instructions).
If you don't click 'Save Changes' when you enable POP in Gmail, BlackBerry Internet Service can't access your Gmail messages. Once you've enabled POP in Gmail, add the account in BlackBerry Internet Service again. repeat; background-attachment: scroll; background-position: 0px 0px">
Enabling POP3 instructions
1. Sign in to your account
2. Click Settings at the top
of any page.
3. Click the Forwarding and
4. Select Enable POP for all mail or Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on.
5. Choose the action you'd like your Gmail messages to take after they are accessed with POP.
6. Click Save Changes